Thursday 12 July 2007

Our day out........

This is the only crafty things about this post........the stitching is complete on the lady bugs.......
The boys all lines up.........
Mumma's and there babies.......so cute......
We went for a drive today and this is where we ended up..............at a bore....this flows freely into a pool......it was 14degrees outside and I was sitting on the lawn with a skivy and jumper and a towel wrapped around me and cool and they got undressed and hopped in..........the water is a constant 37 degrees......the edges are slimmy....yuck..........they said it was beautiful and stayed in for about an hour...........
...when I was little we went on a fishing trip.........we came back here on our way home and back then the water flowed freely onto the ground.......with the slim it was a bit slippery.....of course I knew better and went in and slipped over and wet all my clothes..........it was winter and I had no clothes left as they were all wet and dirty from camping at the river......my Mum was not impressed............I had fun though......
On our drive today we come home via another property we have ...thats where I took all the animal pics.................
Emus............they are very inquisitive
The boys again......just growing up and getting fat...............
Not sure if I have told you this but it is very flat in our area...........really flat.............this photo shows north, south, east and west (not in any order).....bet you can't see a hill..............the photo on my header is a view in one direction and it is a distance away you can't see it from this farm............
Bye for now.......take care till next time............
PS is any one having trouble posting comments besides Janet please email me from my profile..........also I have lost my list in bloglines since yesterday and ideas there............

7 comments:

Abby said...

what an awesome day... great pix...
Im with you on the slimy pool in the middle of winter...yuk.... hehehe...
luv Abby

Unknown said...

I would miss the mountains, they are all around here (my country is so small). Is the Emus wild or do you breed it? Thank you so much, great to see the pics.

Nan said...

I have just discovered your blog - what a wonderous thing it is! I have a deep love of Australia - I have never quite figured out why - I just do. (Could it be something to do with Russell Crowe? LOL!) Your pics make me realize just why I love it! Beautiful country and the animals are incredible!! I'm glad I found you - I'll be back!

Carole said...

Thanks for sharing a part of your world. Your stitchery looks wonderful. I like to use google reader for my blogs. I like the way it works better. Keep well!

Lily Mulholland said...

Those lady bugs are cute!

And I would have been tempted with the water being so warm, but it's the getting undressed in the cold bizzo that stops me!

Jenni said...

Very Australiana photos - nice to see a bit of semi-outback, as I live on the water. Love those sheep, and your ladybugs.

Silverthimble said...

I love the scenery and animal photos! Your pictures allow me to see a country I will likely never get to. Are the emus domesticated? Do they belong to you?