Sunday 24 February 2008

Recipe for Kim..........

Well things are soooooooo quite in blogland over the weekend..........where is everyone........

I was chatting to Kim - Still Meadow Quilting the other day while cooking some Honey Joys.........she didn't know what they were so I thought I would share the recipe here............

Honey Joys.....


90g butter

1/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon honey

4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes

Melt butter, sugar and honey together in a saucepan until frothy........make sure it doesn't burn........ Add this to the corn flakes and mix well..........quickly spoon into paper patty cases............

Bake in a slow oven 150°C for 10 minutes..........this makes 24 honey joys.

The best part is the kids didn't like them so much (don't think they had had them before) so all the Mum's that hadn't had them for years enjoyed them...........

I used to make these all the time and had not made a batch for years..........
I have been getting some sewing done...........fairy girl has one more row to join onto her top then onto the borders..........1/4 inch gets pretty narrow at times so she has had to resew a few places.......but she is doing really well........and I gave her the backing for her quilt on her birthday...........
I picked up my quilt from Blueberry Lane (you can sneak a peek here) but now I need to get some binding material..........I think I will bind it will some very light green but I don't have any so will have to wait until I go shopping somewhere.....
......I am very pleased with it thanks Blueberry...........

10 comments:

Levin said...

oooh i remember these - we called them honey crackles. yum!
i've been very busy this weekend, but i even managed to post which is amazing for me. today i've been busy sewing - i'm making a bunny for an easter swap. i'm not sure how it will work out, but so far i'm having fun.
l
x
can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Annie said...

I've been to Melb for the AQC Quilts quilts quilts and lots and lots of quilt shops. It was a heavenly day. I remember Honey Joys and wish I could have had one. My mum never used to make them, so I always gobbled them up at parties. Must try some for my kids.

Kim said...

I do love honey and corn flakes. I think I should give these a try...what's one more sweet addiction? Hmm? Thanks for the recipe!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummy, haven't made these for years...

Ruth's Place said...

Yum! I haven't had them in years. I have a strong urge to make them now, but my husband won't eat honey and I'd end up eating them all myself...come to think of it that might not be a bad thing...

Jenny said...

These are so yummy-I always pinch one or two when the kids have a shared lunch!!!Thanks for sharing the recipe

Leanne said...

Mmmm I love cornflake crackles and so do my kids. I think there is something wrong with bloglines as I thought the same as you not much activity and then I opened your blog and you had posted which didn't show up on bloglines.

Jodie said...

Love love love honey joys. I was hoping for something easy to make for next week and in bulk - you may have just given me the answer.

Tone Yvonne said...

Hi
Think I might have to try Honey Joys..... never heard of it before :o)
It is truly quiet in blogland during the weekends.....

Have a wonderful week :o)

Floss said...

I haven't had these since I was a kid, I may need to pick up some corn flakes...