Saturday 16 February 2008

Secrets and Shopping..............

No no the shopping isn't the secret............I am just slack and hadn't gotten around to showing you what i got while away............what else to buy on a road trip but Leanne's "Romancing the Road Trip"

Just happened upon a quilt shop open on a Sunday afternoon..............jammed on the brakes, pulled over and reversed back up the road...........well worth the stop........I don't have much in creams so got a few......

Now shhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Fairy Girl but she has a birthday coming up this week and since she has slept with Mr Red Rabbit since last week I thought maybe I should make her a special friend.........gosh i don't know how you girls make softies all the time..........so dam fiddly and I had to sew the crutch together again once finished..........so don't look to closely..............but I am sure Fairy Girl will love it............

Take care till next time...............

18 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...Fairy Girl will just love it....nice fabric, great book.

Jodie said...

Of course she will love it - it is so cute.
P.s. I find it easier to sew up the inner thigh than the crutch.
hmmm, not a sentence you will hear every day!

dutchcomfort said...

You will love the book! it’s great. I think making softies is more difficult than making a quilt! The special friend you made for Fairy Girl is wonderful Donna. She will love it! Happy weekend!

Locket Pocket said...

Leanne's books are always gorgeous so you will have fun with this one - and I love fairy girl's new softie and mr red rabbit is gorgeous! Lucy x

Teodo said...

Nice this little bear for Fairy Girl.
ciao ciao

Anonymous said...

God girl you find so many treasures in your travels.
Love the fabrics and the book.
The teddy is gorgeous, love the fabrics you have used. Will they match her quilt.?

Leanne said...

You will have fun with that book. I'm sure Fairy girl will love her new friend.

Lily Mulholland said...

Making softies is a bit fiddly - why I much prefer quilts!

Love all your photos of the grasses and flowers too.

Juliann in WA said...

I was just thinking of using this book to make a quilt - hope you enjoy the journey.

Jenny said...

You have done a lovely job with Fairy girls softie-she will love it for sure. That book looks great and so does your fabric-any excuse to stock up on supplies I say!!!

Patch said...

don't be a stranger with that book - i'd love to have a look through it one day

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Nice fabrics, the book looks wonderful. Fairy Girl will love her special friend, the fabrics are beautiful.

Annie said...

I love the look of your new book.

brunella said...

Hello!!! Your work is delicius...I am sorry for my Inglish.Ciao ciao from Italy.See you soon

Unknown said...

He is so cute, she will love it, I am sure of that.

Jeanne said...

Fairy Girl will love her new bear! I wonder what new projects are in store for you in that new book? I look forward to finding out.

Carole said...

I brakes for quilt shops too! lol Lovely purchases. I'm sure Fairy Girl will love her new friend! Thanks for sharing!

Solstitches said...

Wonderful book! The little bear is adorable. I'm sure when you see Fairy Girl's face as she opens her gift it will make all the fiddly sewing seem worth while.