Thursday 5 November 2009

SSCS International Postage..........

Not that postage is happening yet (20th - 25th) but as people are preparing their parcels I have received a few questions.............hope this helps.............

If you are posting to Australia this info may be useful of goods not allowed..........also probably not a good idea to send chocolate to the southern hemisphere at this time of the year as it could be quite hot and melt while under the christmas tree...........



If you an Aussie girl posting to another country look at this Australia Post site as they give country specific information..............

&&&&&
If there is an issue for your own country leave a comment with the country and problem here and others can then read it.
I have quite a few people who need to reply to the email I sent out a few days ago............

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue........

EDIT:  Australian girls you can even calculate how much your parcel with cost to send here

5 comments:

Jan said...

All very good advice, Donna. I am going to be very careful what I post internationally for swaps from now on; my Stitchers' Angel package to Italy cost about $27 - and it didn't seem that heavy1 Big shock. I downloaded the Oz Post rates list after that, and have my scales at the ready!

Julia said...

Like Jan, I too have had some pricey postage fees to send overseas..
Wish we had a set bag rate as they do in the states!
Julia ♥

dutchcomfort said...

Thank you Elf Donna!

That leaves me with fabric-(gifts) only!

Annie said...

I hope that wouldn't be me Chooky , you know I'm out here . . .

Kim said...

that set rate only works in the USA- secoond year it cost almost $40 to mail a package for this swap but you know what? It's worth it to me once a year for these swaps- think of it as a $1 a week plus the gift- I had a ball shopping for me person :)