Tuesday 12 November 2013

Spotlight bargains/this and that......

Remember this.............the bags shoved full of fabric...............
All sorted now..........
Mine on the left and Janice is on the right..............
Twister quilts in the planning......
the 8 fabrics on top - 10" squares
small floral with white background - 6" borders
blue chevron - narrow border
big floral - border
red chevron - binding
bottom fabics - backing
Can't wait to get into it..............
We got 1metre cuts................WOW....was not thinking how close this was in cutting 10" strips...........a couple of pieces I had less then 1/4" to play with..............
They also gave us these cut little tins...............
&&&&
I have several posts to write but I can't concentrate on anything since I got home.......it was a busy time while away.......lots of emails to catch up on.......
I did vacuum the Chookshed as I could not stand walking in there anymore........
dust (grit), fluff and dead bugs/moths everywhere.......
got some washing done but need to attack the dead bugs that have overtaken my home....not sure why they think they need to come into my house to DIE........lawns to mow........
&&&&
no rain to measure......
.....but it's not stinking hot today.....28 today with a lovely breeze.......
4 days of rain forecasts resulted in 1ml of rain - so cruel....
 
  we need about 100mls of rain to do anything.....
"drought drinks" might be on the "to do" this week........
Catch you later
Chookyblue
PS so nice to be home in my own bed............

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous fabric....have fun!
Clouds with little rain has been very annoying. Nothing like the feel of your own bed :)

Anonymous said...

enjoy your new purchases chooky,it is cruel getting no rain and here we are getting too much and would love your warm weather,come on mother nature even it up for everyone,fingers crossed chooky and take care.xx

Cheryll said...

Love the purchases... and I'm still dancing!!! :(

The Patch Craft said...

wow why doesnt my spotlight have this fabric.......

You can have our rain if you like we are over it

Susan said...

Lovely to go away, but always good to come home. I don't like bugs either, dead or alive! Great looking fabrics.

Jenny said...

Oh Chooky I do wish it would rain out there. The fabrics look better out of the bag.

Jan said...

It poured on our way to Orange, Chooky, sorry we couldn't send some your way. Love your fabrics; I shopped happily at 3 patchwork shops today. I have such a patient husband!

loulee said...

Funny that, I saw very similar pictures on another blog, and she told the same story, only without the bugs!
Glad you girls had fun.

Anita said...

You can keep your dead bugs but I wish I could shar the rain with you! That fabric is gorgeous!

Maria said...

Such yummy fabrics and I am looking forward to seeing them made into quilts..
Sew sorry there still is no rain..
Always nice to be in your own bed.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, those fabrics are beautiful -- I can't wait to see your quilt! And why DO bugs think they need to come inside? We've been having a problem with stink bugs. I was knitting the other night and caught sight of one on my shoulder. EWWWW! I jumped up and freaked out -- scaring the lap cats half to death!

Pat Hatt said...

Sounds like some deals, I'd take 28 here, too cold now

FloS said...

These fabrics are so yummy !!!! it will be a pleasure to sew them !
I hope you'll get some rain soon !
Florence

Janice said...

The fabrics look great all neat and tidy. I can't wait to start. Thanks for doing all the cutting. Blast the rain not getting as far as your place. Good luck evicting all the bugs.