Monday 2 February 2015

Horse Paddock Dam...............

This post I have found in my drafts from December.......
I always email my pics to the blog then edit the post by adding in the writing and formating it as I want etc...........clearly this one got missed............but I need to get this posted as I have another post to follow on from it..............
All the farm paddocks have names.............this one is horse paddock - handed down the generations but since we have been here there has never been a horse in it...............
Way back in November 2013 yes 2013 we desilted this dam these 2 holes in the dam.........
ever since then we have not had rain to fill them...............you should not be able to see the 2 holes it should be above that.........we have never had dams dry for so long so in December we made the decision to get an excavator for a few days ..... would have like to have them for heaps more but I only had a little budget......they cost over $1000/day.....so some was better then none...............
before............
See the excavator............puts it in perspective a bit more...........
Starting to dig...........
Mr Chooky's ute looks like a play toy on the bank.......well not really the bank as there should be water there too..............
nearly ready to break the high wall................
it was cool watching the water rush out...............
then finally the holes become one and hopefully hold lots more water when we get some rain!!!
i'll post the next post pretty quick..............
Catch you later
Chookyblue

9 comments:

Susan said...

Hope it fills up soon....how deep in the middle do you think???

MyLittleBlueDog said...

We should do a fund raiser for a dam digging, whadda you think?

loulee said...

Hope you get more rain than we just got! Really not worth mentioning. I've come from a place with too much, to a place with not enough! LOL.

Tracy said...

I hope the next post says that the dams are full.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The rains are coming .... Well I hope they are x

Flickenstichlerin said...

What a big construction. Hope rain comes soon to fill it.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Jenny said...

My dad and brother do this for a living as well as make roads on farms and clear fence lines. Hope it gets filled up soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky this should be a big help once the rain fills it up,i think it was a great investment for you.xx

Pinnylea Creations said...

Great to see how they make them. I'm sure you've posted about rain since than so I'm hoping you have a lot of water in your dam xx