Wednesday 7 June 2017

Chookshed Party...........part 2...........


the autumn colour is gorgeous on my Chinese Tallowwood..........
the days were glorious and the nights pretty chilly............
thank you girls for joining me to celebrate the Chooksheds 5th birthday......... I think 7 would have to be the max number in the chookshed..........

Diddles picked up her new turtle family from Sonia..........

I always say quilting is an addiction...........and it sure is when your opening dodgy little foil packages.............

but look what appeared...........
Sonia worked on hand stitching all her flowers down.........

progress on my quilt...........
stacks in progress..........

Progress of one of Lea's hand piecing projects............
Diddles working on Dancing Chickens and Flying Pigs.........Kate also worked on the same BOM............

Lea had show and tell.........it's gorgeous.......
Girls busy stitching.........
don't bump that tray on the chair or the whales will be a disaster...........
I am making my quilt from this book............
I saw Debs quilt at GDITC show and tell.......I knew  I wanted to make one.......
the book arrived last Friday...........
slowly getting there..........I think it needs another block of yellow...........
And I still have a few to move around by the looks of this pic..........
in the end I just shoved the unfinished block up to get an idea of how it  was going.............
Sadly all to quickly everyone was gone and the weekend was over..............
thanks to everyone who joined in virtually....
blogland is the best and i'll be hanging out here for many years to come yet
I've been getting around the blog commenting and i hope I have not missed anyone............
thankyou for helping celebrate......its nice to know we are sewing together in our own little spots on the planet..........linked with needle and thread..........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.........

Keeping the love of blogging alive

31 comments:

Jenny said...

OMG what a lot of beautiful projects I so wish I was there. why were the circles in foil?

Sue SA said...

Thanks for throwing a great party! Nice show and tell.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful projects. i had fun joining in with you all. Hugs,xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a great time you girls had! That is a lovely book there.....I've got that'. Good job on your quilt Chooky! Here's to many more Sewing years with the Chookshed!

Connie said...

Oh everything looks so fun and I envy your weather. Autumn is my favorite season. We're just about to welcome summer officially but it's been feeling like it for a while now. I enjoy summer but not as much as I do autumn, by far.

The Sloan Patch said...

What a lovely weekend...thanks for opening up your chookshed and making us welcome x

Susan said...

Wonderful work by all.
I think the grey has been a great choice for your quilt.

Leratdesfils said...

Bravo girls ! ��
Beautiful work ��

Ondrea said...

Wooohoo! So many gorgeous projects.

Lin said...

What beautiful projects you all worked on and what a fab time. I love the way your quilt is looking. xx

Anthea said...

Wow, Chooky... looks like spectacular weekend of sewing & friends to celebrate another Chookshed Party... wonderful!
I've not had the chance to do my blog post yet, but hope to get to it really soon... I did do stuff, I promise!
Thanks for having us all at your Shed... in the cyber way of course...

Narelle said...

Thanks for inviting us in ... had a lovely time xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Thanks Great to see what every one was working on. Lovely work by all. Thanks

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome photos with truly precious friends....nothing better ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

What a great party chooky.

Your quilt lokks awesome. What is the pattern name?

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

What a great party chooky.

Your quilt lokks awesome. What is the pattern name?

cityquilter grace said...

looks like great fun....and autumn is sooo pretty...summer heat is on here in maryland usa...

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What fun! And progress too. How exciting. My annual "seven Sister" retreat is next weekend and I cannot wait!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

What fun! I am a new "follower," so hope I can participate in the future. Thanks for sharing all your fun pictures. --Andrea

Googy Girl said...

Wow some gorgeous sewing happened in the chookshed. Even though I haven't posted I was sewing along with you all. Hopefully I can join you all next year.....l

Cherry Pie Designs said...

Lovely images...great projects

sunny said...

What a happy party! I didn't sew as much as I had hoped, but I was with you in spirit. I LOVE that last picture!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's so awesome you have a party each year. One day I'll surprise you and join in. I always seem to be busy at this time of year..

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Thank you for the virtual party, I loved visiting some new to me blogs to see the projects being sewn.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh bummer... I have been in lala land and totally forgot to turn up :( Sorry... next year! Glad you had lots of fun and I'm sending belated Happy Birthday wishes to you and your shed :) xx

DAWNIE said...

Wowza such a productive weekend, so many great things to look at! Even the turtle family how cute! Looks like you all had a fabulous few days ..how could you not with this great bunch of ladies!

pandchintz said...

What a great time you had! So many lovely projects happening. Gotta love a weekend of stitching and friends.

CountryMum said...

Lots of wonderful projects happening. You are a very creative bunch!

kiwikid said...

Tha k you for u osting the weekend. Boy there are many beautiful projects happening in the chook shed. And lovely smiling faces.

Wendy said...

So much fun to be had!

Anita said...

So glad you all had a fun weekend! I was on a quilting weekend too!